- Who is Compass Diversified Holdings (CODI)?
- CODI is a publicly traded holding company (NYSE: CODI) that partners with management teams to acquire and manage North American middle market businesses. CODI is managed by Compass Group Management LLC, an active and highly successful acquirer and manager of middle market companies since 1998.
- Is CODI a Business Development Corporation (BDC)?
- No! Unlike business development companies, which are primarily passive lenders, CODI only participates in transactions as a control equity investor. Additionally, CODI’s structure is significantly different in that we operate as a holding company, not a registered investment company, without debt restrictions or dividend payout requirements.
- Does Compass Diversified Holdings pay a distribution?
- The Company's Board of Directors intends to declare and pay regular quarterly cash distributions.
- What types of transactions is CODI looking for?
- Compass Diversified Holdings acquires controlling interests in North American companies with the following characteristics:
i. Enterprise values between $75 mm and $500 mm;
ii. Positive and stable operating cash flows of at least $10 mm per annum;
iii. Leadership position in niche industrial and branded consumer industries;
iv. Strong management teams, either currently in place or readily accessible.
- How many subsidiary (portfolio) companies does CODI have?
- Our portfolio currently consists of eight majority-owned subsidiaries across a broad range of sub-sectors within niche industrial and branded consumer industries (recreational and consumer products, medical devices, safety & security, electronic components, food, foodservice, environmental services and highly engineered magnetic assemblies).
- How long does CODI typically own a business?
- CODI has no specific preconceptions or requirements with regard to ownership period. We have found that imposition of such artificial time constraints frustrates management and leads to suboptimal performance for our companies. In general, we have found that a holding period of five to seven years is the most typical for our companies, but we have owned some for shorter periods and others for longer.
- Is CODI a lender?
- No. While CODI provides the entire capital structure for target transactions, we only pursue opportunities in which we can be the control equity investor.
- For general investor inquiries, please direct your inquiries to:
- Leon Berman
The IGB Group
- How do I obtain information on Compass Diversified Holdings?
- Information can be accessed directly through the Company's web site (http://www.compassdiversifiedholdings.com/). Annual 10-K reports, quarterly 10-Q reports, proxy statements and other filings with the SEC can be accessed directly through the Company web site or through the Securities and Exchange Commission at www.sec.gov.
- Where is Compass Diversified Holdings' common stock traded and what is its stock symbol?
- Compass Diversified Holdings' common stock trades on the NYSE under the symbol CODI.
- What is Compass Diversified Holdings' fiscal year end?
- Compass Diversified Holdings operates on a fiscal year ending December 31st
- Where is Compass Diversified Holdings located?
- Compass Diversified Holdings' principal executive offices are located at 301 Riverside Avenue, 2nd Floor, Westport, CT 06880 United States of America
- How do I invest in Compass Diversified Holdings?
- Interested investors may purchase shares through any registered broker.
- When will Compass Diversified Holdings issue its next quarterly earnings?
- For information related to Compass Diversified Holdings' company earnings, please refer to the investor calendar within the IR section of the web site.
- Compass Diversified Holdings' independent auditor?
- Compass Diversified Holdings' independent auditor is Grant Thornton LLP.
- Who is Compass Diversified Holdings' transfer agent?
- Broadridge Corporate Issuer Solutions
P.O. Box 1342
Brentwood, NY 11717
Toll-free Telephone: 866-321-8022